Table of Contents
This post includes an affiliate link(s) for which I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you should you make a purchase. Learn more.
Vew-Do, renowned for crafting balance boards tailored to board sports aficionados, introduces the Vew-Do Flow Balance Board.
This balance board is meticulously designed to refine the skills of athletes across the board sports spectrum, making it an essential addition to any rider’s training arsenal.
Vew-Do Flow Balance Board Overview
The Vew-Do Flow Balance Board is a fantastic choice for both beginners and experienced users looking to enhance their balance and core strength.
This board’s quality and design immediately impress, and it offers an engaging way to improve your balance. It is the perfect companion for off-season training, allowing athletes to maintain their riding prowess while indulging in a fun-filled workout.
While there might be a learning curve for newcomers, with the potential for some falls at the start, perseverance pays off. Using a wall or support initially can help build confidence. The board’s smaller size and tapered shape make it ideal for various users, but taller individuals might consider a larger model for comfort.
The Flow board is set apart by the hardwood angle tapered roller allowing for faster movement by creating more efficient transfer of rotational energy from your hips through your legs down to the board.Vew-Do
The Vew-Do Flow Balance Board offers a plethora of benefits, making it suitable for users at intermediate to advanced levels.
With this board, you can enhance:
- General Balance Training: Improve your balance and stability, a fundamental skill for board sports.
- Fitness and Strength Workouts: Elevate your fitness routine by engaging various muscle groups.
- Core and Stability Training: Strengthen your core and stability, essential for mastering board sports.
- Rehabilitation and Therapy: Aid in recovery or therapy exercises with controlled movements.
- Learn and Practice Tricks: Hone your trick repertoire in a safe environment.
- Muscle Memory: Train your muscles to remember movements and improve your riding skills.
- Boardsports Alternative: Enjoy the thrill of board sports when external factors limit outdoor activities.
The Flow Balance Board features a distinct hourglass-shaped deck, reminiscent of a snowboard’s form.
Crafted from 7-ply maple wood, it boasts an environmentally friendly STS traction surface and a high-density injection-molded rail system.
The rail system enhances stability, ensuring the board stays centered under your feet, while ledges on both ends prevent accidental slips.
At the heart of the Vew-Do Flow Balance Board is its solid hardwood roller, uniquely designed with a 31-degree angled taper. This innovative design allows for maximum maneuverability with minimal board-to-ground contact.
The roller’s shape enables rocking from side to side as well as toe and heel side movements, enabling full rotational balance practice – a feature lacking in most other balance boards.
For snowboarders, mastering edge control is paramount, and the Flow board excels in this aspect, giving you a crucial edge over traditional balance boards.
On the downside, due to the molded rail system and the size of the roller, you cannot place it parallel like other balance boards.
|100% North American Maple
|28.5″ (72 cm)
|7.25″ (18.4 cm) waist, 8.75″ (22.2 cm) nose/tail
|Superior traction surface
|Molded rail end and stop system
|up to 450 lbs (204 kg)
|kids, teens, and adults
|4″ (10 cm)
|9.3125″ (23.6 cm)
|5.25″ (13.3 cm)
|31-degree angled taper
Maintenance and Care Tips
To keep your Vew-Do Flow Balance Board in optimal condition:
- Regularly clean the board and roller.
- Inspect for wear and tear.
- Store it in a dry place.
- Use a Stable Surface: When using the Flow Balance Board, especially if you’re a beginner, ensure you’re near a stable surface like a wall or sturdy piece of furniture that you can hold onto for support.
- Have a Spotter: When attempting advanced tricks or maneuvers, having a spotter is advisable. A spotter can provide assistance and ensure your safety during challenging movements.
- Utilize a Mat: Placing a mat under the Flow Balance Board is highly recommended, especially if you’re using it on hard surfaces like wood or tile floors. The mat provides additional stability and protects both your flooring and the board. It minimizes the risk of slipping and ensures a safer practice session.
By following these safety precautions, you can enjoy your Flow Balance Board workouts and practice sessions with confidence, knowing that you’re taking the necessary steps to prevent accidents and injuries.
The Vew-Do Flow Balance Board is your go-to training companion when weather conditions or other constraints keep you away from snowboarding, skateboarding, surfing, or wakeboarding.
It sets itself apart with its unique roller design, enabling the performance of complex tricks and movements that closely mimic real board experiences.
Even if you’re not a die-hard board sports enthusiast, this board offers a fun way to enhance balance and stability, thanks to its stabilizing rail and challenging roller shape. Elevate your balance game with the Vew-Do Flow Balance Board – the perfect blend of fitness and recreation.